THE PERFECT MOTHER’S DAY GIFT FOR $49*
Mums hardly ever get to indulge in something special just for themselves. And with them being the ones usually taking photos, they’re hardly ever in them with their family! Let’s change that and give your mum an unforgettable photography experience that captures memories to last a lifetime!
Before the photography session, we’ll have a consultation with your mum to determine the perfect session tailored to her needs. During the session, your mum will enjoy uninterrupted time playing with her family, creating memorable moments for years to come.
Your mum will also receive assistance in selecting her favourite pictures to print, along with helpful advice to choose a beautiful photo for display on the wall.
If you’re excited about giving your mum this special treat for Mother’s Day, it’s simple! Keep reading to learn how to purchase it.
- A consultation to help you figure out what to wear, and to design the perfect session for Mum
- access to my amazing studio wardrobe of timeless outfits for mum, bub and the whole family.
- a genuine, authentic, and full-of-fun photo session on location or in-studio. (RRP $150)
- $250 credit to spend on purchasing a package of images from your session (RRP $250)
- A beautiful piece for the wall – your choice of a 12×18 Canvas or 8×12 Framed Print for those who purchase a package. (RRP $650)
- an in-studio guided ordering session for you to purchase your favourite photos*
Inclusions worth $1050*
*Available for purchase until 14th May 2023. Design consult and session must be booked by 31st July 2023.
THIS SPECIAL IS PERFECT FOR
- You’d love a pregnancy photo session to celebrate your bump
- Just had a baby and want to capture the first year of milestones – the first smiles, rolling sitting, crawling.
- You’ve reached baby’s first birthday and want to celebrate your first year of motherhood
- You’ve become a grandmother for the first time
- First-year at school milestone. Your babies are heading off to school into a whole new chapter.
- Your baby has just become a teen
IS THIS FOR ME?
This special is for spoiling mum and making sure she’s in the photos with her family. Your session will capture a variety of images to celebrate your stage in motherhood, from pregnancy to becoming a grandmother for the first time.
Whether you’re after just a couple of nice photos or you’re after the Masterpiece Portrait session experience, you are in safe hands when you choose me as your photographer. You have a life worth documenting.
Your Full Service Experience
Let Me Look After You
Do you love the idea of arriving as you are to your session? Do you love the idea of a safe space for your family to be your true authentic selves?
Do you love the idea of a finished photo product to display in your home? Well, you've come to the right place...
It starts with your design consult, where we'll create your session together. I''ll guide you through everything from what to wear, how to prepare on the day, and how the final products will be displayed in your home.
Take Your Photos
Come as you are and leave the rest to me. Loud, energetic & boisterous kids? Good - those make for the best pictures!
It's my job to make sure your kids stay entertained and your partner relaxed, while you sit back and enjoy your makeover - it’s on me.
I’ll guide you in carefully selecting the best of the best photos to display in your home. I'm here to help you decide the format that works best for you. Most families want a finished printed product for the home. I have all-inclusive options that include the entire gallery of photos and finished artwork for your home.
Your artwork order is carefully handmade with my carefully selected photography labs across Australia, so you should expect 8 weeks to receive your products back at the studio. Digital Images are provided via a personal online gallery within 7 days of finalising your order.
Your Dream Session
Are you looking for a session where you have full control over all the details? The Masterpiece Experience is for you! We'll sit down together and design your dream session. I'll design your session around your desires from your outfit selection, preferred styling, and choice of location, to designing how the final photos will be displayed. My goal is to help you build a collection of lifetime legacy pieces to display in your home, all the details that make up your family, frozen in time and captured forever.
As Unique As You Are
Don't settle for a photo session that's the same as everyone else's. Get something special just for you! I'll work closely with you to make a session and a package that fits your unique needs. You deserve the best!
In The Studio
After a thorough consultation to understand your ideas, I’ll design your session especially to fit your unique needs and preferences. Perfect for fine art Maternity, Newborns, Teens and Families of all shapes and sizes.
Perfect for exploring the outdoors, chasing the light and find the magic of the outdoors. Perfect for Family Photos, Pregnancy Photo Shoots, or any other session theme you could imagine.
It all started on the day
I received the call
Without even realising, they managed to talk me off a ledge. Talking to them was like I had a friend.
It was the first time in a long time, in a very long time that I didn't feel totally alone.
Then coming into the studio, we were greeted like lifelong friends. the way every single person in the studio totally embraced my little family, my extremely wild little girl, my very quiet teen, my special little babe and my total awkwardness.
Just wanted to say thank you for being some of the most amazing people I have ever met. Thank you for my beautiful photos.
Thank you for embracing the different personalities of my family.
Have questions about your photography session? Here are all the FAQs you need to know!
Who Can I Include In My Session?
You're welcome to include whomever you would like. There's no limits! Everyone is welcome! Grandparents, friends, mums groups and fur babies, whoever you call family!
I'll design the session around your unique needs. If you'd like your newborn session to be all about mum, dad, and your new baby, or just your baby, or just your baby and their older siblings, I'll create magic no matter what your preference is!
Family sessions, on location or in the studio can be just you and your fur baby, or you, partner and your three energetic kids, or just your baby on their first birthday, or you and your crazy extended family.
Your session is all about you!
What Will I Spend? I Only Want Digital Images, Is This An Option?
Little Moments Mini Sessions:
I offer a range of packages that are created to give you a balance of finished artwork and your favourite photos digitally.
Packages start from $790. My most popular package choices see families spend $990 - $1490. This can include the entire gallery of digital images or 10 or 20 of your favourite photos in digital format and a number of beautiful wall pieces ready for display in your home.
*40+ images provided with a family composed of three or more family members.
Masterpiece Portrait Sessions
The most popular choice, families choose this immersive session because they want a fully customised, done for you experience. We'll have plenty of time for me to get to know you, play with you, and give you time to settle in and really take our time creating magic. You'll have your preference of date, location, the styling of the session.
Packages are all-inclusive, and start from $2600 for the entire gallery of digital images. Families who choose this experience want to print beautiful images to enjoy in their homes every day. If you spend over $3200 on heirloom artwork to display in your home, you’ll receive the entire gallery of digital images complimentary as well.
*70+ images provided with a family composed of three or more family members.
- The entire gallery (over 70+ images*) $2600
- Artwork & Digital Image Packages start from $3200.
- 5 digital images are $790
- 15 digital images are $990
I'm on a budget, do you offer payment plans?
Yes! No Interest Payment Plans are available via a PayRight. Let’s discuss your options early in the process so there is transparency for all parties involved. I recommend a Little Moments Mini Session if this is the case!
Don't worry about making a commitment right now! Just wait until the exciting portrait reveal, and then you can decide what's best for you. And remember, I'm here to guide you in your choice. We'll work together to create a package that suits your needs. But, fair warning – my clients fall in love with their photos and can't help but choose them all! So, get ready for an amazing experience and some truly unforgettable memories.
Do I have to choose my package when I book?
No! I want you to see your photos before I help you choose your images and package. I don’t require the purchase of a predefined “collection” or “package”, and I certainly don’t make you choose your package upfront. This gives you the freedom and flexibility to choose how you wish to invest in your memories.
How Many Images Will I Get To See?
Depending on your session choice, I'll create loads of variety, and as many images to choose from as possible without making it an arduous process for you.
A fully customised, immersive Masterpiece Portrait session with at least three family members (two parents and a child or one parent and two children) produces approximately 70+ photos.
Your shorter Little Moments Mini Sessions produce approximately 40+ photos.
When will I choose and pay for my package?
Don't worry about making any commitment before deciding to book! Just wait until your exciting portrait reveal, and then you can decide what's best for you, when you can see your family in the photos.
And remember, I'm here to guide you in your choice. We'll work together to create a package that suits your needs. But, fair warning – my clients fall in love with their photos and can't help but choose them all! So, get ready for an amazing experience and some truly unforgettable memories.
How Long Will My Session Go For?
Your session time will depend on what session type you’ve booked. I am also very baby and child-led, and will follow their lead - as long as they are happy and willing!
- Family Masterpiece Sessions are approximately 1 hour
- In-Studio Newborn Masterpiece Sessions are approximately 2-3 hours
- Extended Family Masterpiece Sessions are approximately 1-1.5 hours
- Little Moments Mini Sessions are 15 minutes
- In Studio Little Moments Sessions are approximately 15-30 minutes
- Maternity and First Birthday Masterpiece sessions 30-45 minutes
What Is Required To Book My Session?
All sessions require a non-refundable session fee to take your booking. This is your session booking fee and is separate from your package purchase.
After your session, you’ll buy the photos you love, in a format that works for your family.
Little Moments Mini Session fees are $50
Masterpiece Portrait Session fees are $150
How Long Will It Take To See My Photos?
We will book you in for your ordering session at the conclusion of your photo session. This will depend on your availability and ours, but typically we have our clients return to the studio for their photo reveal approximately 1-4 weeks after the session date.
What Should I Wear To My Session?
While it might feel easiest to go out and buy new outfits for everyone, there’s no need to – coordinating your outfits from the clothes you have in your wardrobe is perfectly acceptable. And they don’t have to be designer clothes!
The goal with your clothes is to ensure that they complement and aren’t distracting. Wear clothes that flatter your body and that make you feel comfortable and that you know your kids will be okay in.
For your Maternity & Studio Sessions, I have a large client wardrobe of flattering outfits for the whole family, and everything needed for babies.
When you book, you'll receive a comprehensive PDF guide on how to choose what to wear. I'm also here to assist with the process as well and will talk you through the choices!
What If My Children Are Shy And Need Time To Warm Up?
I am very good at working with children with all sorts of attention spans, temperaments and energy levels. I'll always work to get the best out of your children whatever their mood. Your photo sessions is child-led with a focus on play, which works well for family members who are reluctant to have their photos taken. Sometimes it can take up to 5-15 minutes for children to appropriately warm up to someone they’ve just met but I'm very good at connecting with kids and helping them to relax.
I Want Photos Of Us All Looking and Smiling For The Camera, Can You Do This?
Absolutely, in every session, it is my goal to get photos of you looking and smiling at the camera as well as playful and interactive shots. However, if you’re more set on these traditional-looking photos, I may not be the right fit for you. My style of photography is to capture genuine, authentic magic moments, through a relaxed play-based directed manner and having you interacting with each other and your environment.
What Is The Best Location For My Photo Session?
My studio is located in MacGregor. I have a number of locations already scouted in Canberra, to suit a variety of needs. I'm constantly on the lookout for unique, special and beautiful locations that factor in good lighting and are tactile so that kids can explore and play easily. I have a range of locations that I will suggest after consultation with you for your Masterpiece Portrait session, based on your personal aesthetic and vision. If a particular image of mine resonates with you, let me know, as certain images have been taken at certain locations and times of year.
Little Moments Mini Sessions will feature the best look in the foliage for that weekend. The location will be predetermined and chosen a couple of days out from your session. If you'd like more control over the choice of location for your session, please choose a Masterpiece Portrait Session!
What Time Is The Best For An Outside Session?
Your on location session will be booked for 1-2 hours before the sun sets. Why? Because that’s when the lighting is soft, flattering and golden. The sun is low in the sky, which means there are no harsh shadows on people’s faces and we can get that gorgeous warm glow that will make your photos look magical. Morning Sessions are also available and will be booked for 1-2 hrs after the sun has risen.
What Is The Best Time For A Maternity And Newborn Session?
For your comfort and mobility, I recommend your maternity shoot be at your 30-35 week mark.
For newborn sessions, you have a choice between a posed or lifestyle look or a blend of both. I recommend your baby be between 1-3 weeks if your preference is more posed or up to 6 weeks of age if you’re looking for a more lifestyle look.
Newborn Masterpiece sessions are perfect for babies up to 3 months because I allow for plenty of time to keep baby settled and happy.
Little Moments Mini Sessions are suitable for babies from birth, through to 12 months and beyond
What Are Your Rescheduling Policies?
Check out my terms and conditions regarding rescheduling to be across all of the details. I will absolutely accommodate you in the instance of genuine need - ie sickness. I do ask that you communicate with me so I'm able to accomodate your needs.
I know you’ve got everything crossed for good weather on the day of your session, however, I can’t control the weather. I can only read the forecast and make decisions based on that information. I have seen skies clear on rainy days and thunderstorms come out of nowhere, therefore I will make a call on whether we need to reschedule your session at the last possible moment. We may end up changing the location to work around the weather.
Will I Wear?
I've got the whole family covered! My client wardrobe is special and has something for everyone. You can pick timeless dresses made of luxury silk to gowns made with sequins and tulle. Babies under 2 get special outfits too. Dad's can get matching t-shirts to go with the outfits. The whole family is taken care of!
Would you prefer a shorter session? Would you prefer to let go of all the detail and leave it to me to capture you in a real life, relaxed and natural manner? Would you like to be able to choose your top few stand-out images from your session? This is perfect for those who want a short and sweet session, but don’t want to compromise on the quality of the finished product.
These sessions are designed to be short, playful and relaxed. 15 minutes in length, they're perfect for families who desire minimal design choices and planning. Available on location and in the studio. The perfect experience to capture those little magic moments between you and your family.
You Need To Know
Please consider these special offer terms and conditions before making your decision to claim this special offer.
*SPECIAL OFFER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Sessions produce high-quality images that clients fall in love with. Please consider the experience included with your session and make sure I am the right photographer for you before deciding to purchase – For more info on pricing, please click here Moments Photography Canberra Pricing and Products
- Projects & Giveaways - The payment you make to book your session is returned to you as a credit to spend on your portraits. The usual session fee is waived and a payment is taken to secure the booking, this booking payment will be returned back to you at your purchasing appointment in the form of credit. The entire credit must be used and is not redeemable for cash and cannot be applied to a future session. (not applicable to fundraising projects as the payment will have been donated.)
- Special Offers and Package Specials (including by not limited to - Season Special/Maternity & Newborn Special, Mothers Day Special) The payment made to purchase the special includes the commitment to purchase a package from each session booked to be able to claim included products. Any credit included in the offer must be used in its entirety, is not redeemable for cash and cannot be applied to a future session.
- Your payment ensures that everybody’s time is valued and that another family does not miss out. If you need to reschedule your session with less than four weeks’ notice of your session date, a session fee will payable on rebooking in accordance with our rescheduling policy. Your booking payment will be applied to the session fee.
- Digital images and packages are not included in your session but may be purchased at your in-studio ordering session at my studio in Macgregor, ACT.
- Special Offers / Projects & Givaways are only available for new session bookings, are not combinable with any other offer or gift certificates, not available for sessions pending a reschedule and not transferrable as cash. One (1) offer per family and can not be split between multiple sessions.
- Your complimentary included product is included with the purchase of a photo package. Complimentary product is not available with the purchase of individual printed/digital products or on their own with no additional purchase. The purchase of a package must be made in order to receive the product. (Minimum investment is $790 and families typically invest 990 - 1490+ on Little Moments Mini sessions and 3200+ on Masterpiece Portrait Sessions.)
- If you change your mind within three (3) days of payment of your booking fee and wish to cancel, you may receive a full refund. You may request a refund of your booking payment if you do not want to proceed with your portrait session, provided you give more four week’s in accordance with our cancellation policy.
- If circumstances outside of the control of the photographer and/or client occur, you will be invited to reschedule your session to another date. If circumstances outside of all parties’ control occur and we cannot obtain photos, you will receive a full refund of your booking payment.
- Special offers and complimentary products are available for three months (unless otherwise stated) from the date of purchase. If the expiry lapses, any booking payment made can be transferred to credit towards a new session (normal session fee and pricing apply, any products or items in the special offer will no longer apply).
- If you are dissatisfied with your photos and do not wish to claim your credit or complimentary printed product, your booking payment will be refunded.
- Complete Service Terms & Conditions can be found here
“Janet is an absolutely amazing photographer with real passion. We’ve had photoshoots for the kids with a number of other photographers and none of them compare to the beautiful outcome Janet is able to get. Very grateful to hear and capturing my favourite pics of my girls for a lifetime”
"Janet was amazing with our son during his newborn shoot. So happy with how our photos came out we have already booked for his 1st birthday 'Fruit smash'! Highly recommend"
"Janet did two sessions for me. A maternity and newborn session I was so impressed by the quality of the photos. I did email Janet a lot regarding what I wanted many times and nothing was too much trouble. She has excellent customer service skills but the photos are just beautiful and I am still amazed at how beautiful they are"
"Janet is an absolute baby whisperer. Her experience in working with children and her expertise in the field has ensured each time we have worked with her that we not only receive the most beautiful images of our family but it has been a super fun, efficient and easy process. Janet is fantastic is working with you to learn and adapt to your visual tastes and end presentation needs. Particularly love her immense prep work, communication and use of digital forms to make everything so easy."
Meet Your Photographer
Mother of two fierce, highly rambunctious, primary school girls and award-winning Canberra family photographer.
I've been capturing Canberra families of all shapes and sizes since 2014.
My mission is simple. To hold a safe space for your family to be your true authentic selves. To tell your story, to capture your little magic moments. To fill your home with photos that show how loved you are, and how much your family loves you in return...
I, along with my team, am neurodivergent. It certainly makes for a creative, fun if not sometimes chaotic workplace!
Fill in Your Details Here To Get Started!
What Questions Do You Have? Get In Touch